Sunday, February 5, 2012

Iron Lady Movie

Saw the movie 'Iron Lady' earlier today in Eagan, in the early afternoon. I got popcorn after the movie at the Target nearby, way cheaper at a dollar and change instead of $6 for a small at the theater. I liked it, they got the accents down for Margaret Thatcher as an American, Meryl Streep, played her. It was the first British PM I knew of in my lifetime. Much of the storyline was familiar like the Falkland Islands war, as well as Irish Republican Army bombings. Notable in the previews was a writer's movie starring Robert De Niro. I went solo to the movie as my date was ill. It was over well before the Super Bowl began, it continues my tradition I started a few years back of seeing an early showing of a movie on Super Bowl Sunday. Good game, all I ask for is no 'super bore' as there has been some in the past. Giants beat the Patriots 21-17, the scoring started with a safety for the Giants and it was 10-9 Patriots at the half. There was a Met Life commercial in the second half featuring various animated characters, including Charlie Brown and Snoopy, the mascots for this company. It was expected as to who was the most common commercials, based on previous games seen. This would be car companies, soft drink and beer companies, as well as snack food companies. Two of those three go hand in hand with watching sports. Also notable was a Chrysler ad featuring Clint Eastwood. He directs more than acts now, but hopefully will act in another movie, I think the last one I saw was 'Gran Torino', another Super Bowl movie if I'm not mistaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment