Thursday, May 31, 2012

Video Camera No-Go

I was onstage tonight at the 400 Bar in Minneapolis. I had hoped to film myself but it was a no-go, as it was battery powered and they were too low. I went to a Walgreen after the show to get some replacements. The show went real well, I worked in some new jokes like the one about a fellow comic showing up in a dream when I was at a house party at my dad's in Iowa. Since I am traveling soon, I decided to get a few jokes about my plans in as well.
      I tend to notice things like what crowdmembers are wearing, of course after I perform. There was a girl in a dress, and she had long braids that kind of looked like dreadlocks. She also had boots on and tattoos were just above the boots on her calves.
   I needed to make up some time at work, so I stayed about 20 minutes beyond my typical leave time in the evening. I was home for about an hour and then knew I needed to hit the road to get some errand running done before the show. So I went to an ATM at a Walgreen, then on to the library to print two emails that had some relevant information on them.
   After the show I had the Irish band The Cranberries on my mind. So I went to Youtube and checked out 4 of their songs. 'Ode to my family', 'When you're gone', 'Salvation', and 'Zombie'. 'Ode' was one I played a lot after the death of my grandma 4 years ago. It provided me some solace I really needed at that time.  It was the final grandparent- and the only one who lived long enough to see me graduate twice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment