Sunday, July 1, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom Movie

Saw the movie 'Moonrise Kingdom' at one of the Oakdale theaters earlier today, the more southern one. Liked it, plenty of jokes in it, probably hard to catch all of them when there were so many but I likely caught most of them. Good cast all around, I like Bill Murray, as well as Bruce Willis, even Ed Norton, as Ed was in 'Fight Club'. I could guess real well how they were going for the New England backdrop for the island, I was thinking Massachusetts but the closing credits said it was filmed in Rhode Island. Plenty of music by Hank Williams (Sr.) that I recognized. Directed by Roman Coppola, son of 'Godfather' director Francis Ford Coppola. I was already familiar with some of his work, as he has directed some music videos like Green Day's 'Walking Contradiction'. Other movie directors have done music videos as well, like 'Good Will Hunting' director Gus Van Sant. I was surprised how it was being shown at 15 different theaters in the metro area, as it seemed to be more like an independent movie which would get a limited release. But it made the top ten for the weekend in ticket sales, at number 8.
  I decided to change my profile picture on Facebook, to something more recent. Eventually I chose to crop a picture from the class reunion. At first I had to go back to Walgreen since I was given the wrong pictures on the CD, none of them were of me and all appeared to be from the 70's. But they corrected it , at no extra charge to me, so I was fine with it.
    I had two odd dreams this morning, one was while driving my car and I said to my date 'I'm about to go into the median' but somehow corrected it before I did. I may have been distracted like trying to read a map. It likely was due to a memory of skidding off the interstate and into the median in college, as it was a icy winter day. I wasn't hurt, thankfully. I learned to be more careful during winter driving due to it. The other was seeing a friend, we didn't talk at all, but I did talk to the friend's dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment