Wednesday, September 26, 2012

2 Lip Rings and 2 Kids

On the bus tonight after work I saw a woman with 2 lip rings and 2 kids. Hadn't seen this type of  combination before.
   I decided to move 2 more Charlie Brown and Snoopy items into the lunchbox I bought from E-bay, as it has become the depository for these items. One was a mint tin which had been used for storing Canadian coins, but when I have zippable plastic bags I could easily find another place for coins. The other items moved were hard plastic keychains attached to plastic halloween candy dishes. Found those at a store in Winnipeg in 2004 while in town for the Van Halen concert.
   My colleague that does copies wasn't in today, but thankfully another colleague was covering for her for most of the day so I had to do very little of the making of copies.
   There was a Security Awareness training session at work, but for much of the 30-plus minutes I was bored, as we didn't hear much in terms of new information on computer security.
    When I was reading online articles I was surprised to find one earlier this week, about Newton mayor Chaz Allen stepping down as mayor to take another job. One thing mentioned in his bio was how he had a bit part in an independent movie called 'Underground' which was filmed in Newton. I saw the trailer on Youtube, it is a horror movie and I usually don't see those except for 'Scream'. I hadn't heard of it before, it was filmed back in 2009.  Another article said one of the filmmakers went to jail for fraud related to getting tax credits from the state government. It was said that a rave, with plenty of extras, was filmed in a former Maytag washing machine plant in the town.
   I got some pizza after work and was surprised to see a fellow comedian there, the Philadelphian. Also notable was the two songs I heard while waiting, one was 'It's My Life' by No Doubt, though I didn't want to have to explain why I was pointing when I got to the 'It's my life' part. The other was Lady Gaga's 'Just Dance', but not the version I like, which is with Kardinal Offishal.

No comments:

Post a Comment