Saturday, September 8, 2012

Adler Gallery in Richfield

I attended an art event in the afternoon, at Adler Graduate School Gallery in Richfield. It was hard to find at first since it was so close to Interstate 494, and there were plenty of one-way roads over there. So I had to try more than once, and we 'back-doored' it. The event was held for two hours, we didn't stay all that long. Since it was mid-afternoon I had already eaten lunch, so it was mainly the dessert items that interested me. Some of the art looked really good. I noticed they took care of the kids, as there was paper tablecloths on the tables so they could draw on them with whatever they wished. It's something I've said before: give people what they want and they tend to leave the others alone. This is also true for things like video arcades at malls, and skateboard parks. In many ways, banning things just doesn't work. One just makes things more dangerous when certain things become illegal.
   In the evening, I attended a dinner at a Red Lobster celebrating some birthdays. I knew there would be a wait for a table so I decided to go across the road to a convenience store and got a small bag of peanuts along with some chocolate milk. The main thing was having to wait for the traffic light as this is a major artery in Burnsville.
   I felt good earlier today as I had already got some cleanup done around the home this morning, finding more event tickets and putting them in a more central location. I replaced a sandwich bag they had been in for a while, it was torn and as expected there were plenty available to replace it. This one appears to be a much stronger Ziploc bag.
  I had an odd dream, telling somebody they would have to replace my hat if they destroyed it. But instead of it being a typical ballcap, they offered a visor hat like what golfers wear. This I think is a recurring one, a reminder of when this actually happened to me as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment