Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Valley Junction Landmarks

I was going through photos, including those I had taken when living in the Valley Junction section of West Des Moines for a year and a half. One of those I came across was of a rooster statue. I am still trying to eliminate the 'school binder type' albums, tonight it was two after not doing much about it for a while. So it should leave just one. Those pages just don't stay inside the album quite as well, and as many have said before, you often get what you pay for. I noticed there is a reason why those albums are cheaper in stores.
    At the comedy club tonight, the show closer was the Alabama native who spoke of weight loss surgery. First time I had seen this comic in a while. But I know we are an eclectic bunch so it can be for various reasons why I don't see some of us for a while. Sometimes I know this is a good thing, as it means they found a paying gig out of town. Of course some of them have left the area, again related to the craft. This is why it can be an adventure to go to the clubs, finding out what the lineup is. I have enough friends that I know I will see somebody I know at most any show. The familiar does help in many places and things in life.
    At work there were some sales reps in the breakroom around lunchtime representing Sam's Club. They left plenty of food behind, and I said it wouldn't last long. As expected, I was right as I checked again just before the end of my day. All of the food was gone by then. I think 'word of mouth' helps here, same as why some books, movies, and music will sell well and others don't.  I had a brownie and a cookie and a little bag of Gardetto's Snack Mix. I ate one of the bags right away and saved 2 others for later days.

No comments:

Post a Comment