Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pink's CD Arrived

I had to pick up 4 parcels at the post office this morning, one of them was Pink's CD which was released this week. I have heard 'Blow Me One Last Kiss' on the radio for a while but I am likely not familiar with the others. Now I will need to find the time soon to listen to it. The other three were items I had ordered from E-bay. Two of them were postcards of my hometown of Newton, Iowa and the third was sheet music for a song called 'Covered Wagon Days'. It was inspired by the book and movie 'Covered Wagon', and Emerson Hough was the book writer so he is mentioned on the cover page of the sheet music. Now that I have the music it means trying to find somebody who can play the piano so I can hear what this song sounds like. It may mean going on Facebook and asking if any of my friends do, or know somebody who does. Another option is contacting a school I do mentoring programs at as they would have music teachers, who likely know how to play.
   I had to wait to get inside the post office as I arrived about 15 minutes before they opened, so I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. It meant going across an interstate, and I like doing this kind of walk as I am above all of the craziness when I am on the footbridge. As expected by anyone who knows me, I decided to pick up some trash as well. I arrived a few minutes after they had opened, but the line moved quick. It was helped my some employees being there to help just with picking up mail, like I was doing.
   In the afternoon I went to downtown St. Paul with my date and went to an event at Mears Park, where a party was being held to celebrate the approval of funding for a new Saints baseball stadium in Lowertown. The governor, Mark Dayton, and mayor, Chris Coleman, both spoke. Mike Veeck was unable to attend, a scheduling conflict, so a stand-in from the Saints front office was there. I got some pictures of the speakers, including the governor wearing a baseball jersey. They were giving away bags of popcorn, much like the ones sold at the games. Some of the 'ushertainers' were there as well, like Gert the Flirt. Thankful I saw this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment