Saturday, September 15, 2012

Uptown Movie a No-Go

There was not much planned for today, which was fine with me. My weekends had been fairly busy for a while. We thought about seeing a movie, but it was at the Uptown theater in Minneapolis. It had just re-opened after an extensive renovation, and there was a line around the block to get into the movie about a comedian called 'Sleepwalk With Me'. So we decided to look at the used CDs at Cheapo instead nearby. I got a Pink CD which had a DVD with it of a music video, the CD was called 'Try This'. One of the pictures has her crammed inside of a birdcage. I also got a movie on DVD, Michael Moore's 'Roger and Me'. It has been a true journey with this movie, first seeing it on cable TV and recording it onto a blank tape. After moving to the Twin Cities I found a used copy of it on VHS at a Goodwill store. I'd like to think I will keep this version for a while. I thought about getting other things but I usually just get 2 items when at this store. Well I also got a postcard of the New Haven Railroad, it was art where the original is in a New York museum, but they have some good postcards there as well.
 I had been invited to a comedy show tonight- a Facebook invite- but I got a message from another club saying the same comic will be there soon. So I can wait. I am kind of spoiled as I often balk at having to pay to get into shows now, as there are so many shows I can get into for free.
   After going to the secondhand shop, we went to the Old Chicago place nearby and had pizza. I like the ambience there as it reminds me of a metro area I once lived in. There were plenty of college football games on the TV monitors there, no surprise at all.
   In the evening we watched an episode of 'Little House' which takes place at the county fair. There were two thieves there, and the little old lady got the better of the pickpocket in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment