Friday, September 7, 2012

Blue Earth Football

I went to a high school football game tonight, Blue Earth beat St. Paul Highland Park 37-21. Blue Earth never trailed during this game, though at one point it was 7-6. They seemed to move the ball at will, and was helped by intercepting Highland Park 3 times. Highland Park did get a touchdown late, went for two and got it so otherwise the final score would have looked even worse. It was a reminder of how and why I like high school football as entertainment. It was just $5 for the game ticket, and $4.25 for some popcorn, a hot dog, and a can of Sprite. This is cheaper than most movies in the Twin Cities. The main complaint was how the popcorn was really salty, but I don't expect gourmet cooks at these events. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
  It was odd how the game started a few minutes before the scheduled start time, I had just arrived and was hearing a few whistles. I bought my ticket and then made my way to my seat. When I got food and drink I spoke of the early start to the concession stand employee, and was told it was because 'they were cold'. Seems kind of early in the season to say this. I did know well enough to be prepared for the weather, which meant a blanket to sit on since the metal bleachers aren't warm at all. At halftime I went into the bathroom and put on sweat pants underneath my pants, and put on my hooded sweatshirt. I was fine except for my hands, and I put them inside my jacket pockets.
   The theater guy is still going through ideas on a Halloween costume. Now he tells me he still wants to be an alchemist, but Druidian if I'm not mistaken. The costume isn't as bulky. It means plenty of Henna tattoos and being able to see them under a 'black light'- which must be the same concept as something that glows in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment