Monday, September 10, 2012

Is There a Betting Pool Now?

The copier broke down again at work today, lost count of how many times it has in the past year. It seems like the service calls are at least once a week now. I haven't had it as my default printer for a while, can't trust it. But thankfully there are alternates available. I would get a big laugh out of it if I heard that there was a betting pool on the copier, in terms of how quickly it will break down again and when it will be replaced. Though the latter doesn't seem to be likely, as I have been informed that these things are leased instead of bought. It annoys me that we can't get good office equipment that we deserve, be it copiers or in I.T. But in corporate America, I am aware of how one doesn't work for the CEO but the stockholders. It means keeping the investors happy, and if that means cutting some corners to maximize profits then so be it.
   It was a busy day at the office, I had to cover for somebody as well as do my primary duties. It looks like I could use a catch-up day as there was plenty of work left over.
   At the comedy club tonight I saw the first comic go over their time, and since I couldn't see the time light I decided to change my seat. The club does have some support beams that can block views, but there were other seats available so it was no big deal finding a better seat based on my standards. I grinned a little but did not laugh when one comic near the end did their 'Iowa sucks' joke. I did let them know I understood how jokes about neighboring states are popular. It's a comedy club, one must have a fairly thick skin and understand they're just jokes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment