Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Networking After Work

There was a networking event after work, at a place near the workplace I hadn't been to before, serving Chinese food. I saw some martial arts movie playing there, possibly Bruce Lee, as it was something from the 1970s. Much of the food was provided by the company, as was the drinks. If you wanted beer or wine then it was extra. But since I wanted to get to the comedy club I decided it was best to get just the soft drinks. There was some interest in how I do comedy, hard to say if I will actually get to do a comedy gig for the company's holiday party at the end of the year. But I have learned this before how comedy is a door-opener, as many say they couldn't get up on stage in front of a crowd. I have to tell them how I couldn't for a long time myself.
   I had hoped to see Pink, the musician, on NBC's 'Today' show but had just 30 minutes to see it before catching the bus to work and it wasn't during this time. All of the news stories seemed to be about the upcoming election, or about the latest scandal involving the British royal family dealing with the papparazzi. It prompted me to look up when the debates will be, and all will be in the month of October, so it's a little ways away.
   At the comedy club tonight I saw somebody with a flashy Twins jacket after the show asking me if I worked there, had to tell them no. But I do get this question often, I think due to the outfit as I wear what I have on at the office. This would be a nice shirt with a collar and nice pants. I was trying to find the show runner at the time. The man told me he was late for the show, something I know the show runner doesn't tolerate at all. I have seen him drop somebody who doesn't show up 10 minutes before show time, and I don't blame him one bit. One has to prove that they are dependable in this business and most any other. I liked one comic doing a serial killer joke, while he was wearing the outfit he was describing in the joke.  

No comments:

Post a Comment