Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Valvoline 5w-30 Motor Oil

When I was taking out the trash tonight, I saw some litter. It was 2 empty bottles of Valvoline 5w-30 motor oil. So I picked them up and sent them to the trash as well. I take it upon myself to pick up trash when reasonable as I know sometimes it's been there for a while and I don't know who else will do it. I am a big believer in civic pride and I like the signs put onto trash cans from time to time which have said 'Keep this city (or state) beautiful, please don't litter'. In my line of work I see finance paperwork all the time, including driver license copies. I recall the message on the licenses from one state, which said 'Don't drink and drive, don't litter Louisiana.' Part of this of course is my training, as I had held a few janitor jobs when I was younger so I was used to cleaning up after others. I get annoyed when I often see trash really close to a bin, much of it appears to be caused by apathy. I had noticed it about picking up pull tabs from soda pop cans for Ronald McDonald House, how I've said it's a sad commentary about litter in this nation. Most of the pulltabs I put into my bank aren't mine. Naturally if I am pressed for time I won't necessarily pick up everything that I see. If I want to be on time for work and this means being on the bus when it leaves there are some things I have to leave behind.
   At the comedy club tonight I take it as a shout out when I yell 'Yeah!' and the M.C. says that man is drunk. Others say they recognize my laugh, also a compliment to me.
   I passed by a penny and decided to drop it in a nearby wishing well. Since it was a penny it was no big deal to me, although pennies usually end up in my change bank. I do like contributing to wishing wells every so often as I still have wishes like most people do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment