Friday, September 21, 2012

Hick Movie

After dinner tonight, I went to get a Dairy Queen Blizzard as I like ice cream. Then I went over to a McDonald's and rented a Redbox movie, 'Hick'. I had wanted to see it for a while, but waited until I was able to see it right away after getting it. There was just one big-name actor in it, Alec Baldwin, and he was at the end of it. But I liked the story, a road movie about a girl who runs away from her home in Nebraska in hopes of making it to Las Vegas. Saw plenty along the way, like helping with robbing a convenience store, and drug use as well. She does all of these really nice crayon drawings of what she's seen and where she's been, and it ends well- on the road, on a bus. I liked the music in it, recognized some songs better than others. There was multiple songs by Patsy Cline in it, and a few by Bob Dylan as well. I paid attention to the closing credits, I think the song was called 'Farewell'. I had seen Bob Dylan in concert with Willie Nelson at the Saints baseball stadium in 2005, but I knew Willie's music better. Let's see, there was even a cover of a Tommy James song in it, 'Crimson and Clover', according to the credits it was by Joan Jett. My dad would often wake me up with Tommy James music on the weekends when I would be visiting him, back  when I was in high school.
   I knew it would be a good story to tell when I was waiting for the bus after work tonight and was given a business card. It was from somebody that wanted me to read his blog, just had the blog address on it and 'read, thanks'. Under his 'about me' section, it sure was entertaining to read. It said 'if you want to meet me for a date or lunch and are a woman please contact me'. His home address in St. Paul is listed on the blog, a bad idea. Also part of his bio was mention of 'still recovering from being mugged'. And how he writes about many things that are important to 'me and the world'. When I was looking for it in a search engine, it said it was 'a blog about political ideas, science and general intellectual thought'. Don't know for sure what made it intellectual, especially when he lists favorite musicians and doesn't spell them correctly, looks like he was doing so phonetically. Or in one case, he spells a band as two words when it's meant to be one, 'Radiohead'. He doesn't write as often as I do, I know this much. It looks like he writes once or twice a week.
   Liked seeing ABC's 'Nightline' show tonight, they profiled the band Green Day. I have seen them in concert twice, once in Chicago and again after moving to the Twin Cities. Sounds like it was in reference to releasing another CD, or in their case three.  

No comments:

Post a Comment