Sunday, September 16, 2012

3 Eggs and a Nametag

Went to the Twins baseball game today, had good seats after winning them in a silent auction at work. The Twins lost to the White Sox 9-2. It was nice visiting with a senior leader from another office, we did know a few of the same people as I do some volunteering programs. It also reminded me to get signed up for one of the two as I hadn't done that just yet. But it means waiting until I am back in the office of course.
   There was a giveaway item after the game, an energy efficient lighbulb from Xcel Energy. The objective was to take it home and see if it lit up as red, blue, or green. If it did, there was a prize that you have won. But mine did not light up with any of these colors.
  In the evening I went to do laundry and at the laundromat I saw more than just some busted glass. This would scare away some people. I also saw a plastic grocery bag I was going to toss in the trash, but noticed it had 3 eggs in it. I was unable to tell if they were hard-boiled, but not likely. I even saw a McDonald's employee nametag, I am sure somebody misses it. I try to clean up things a little while there, like pick up the dryer sheets on the floor and put them in the trash. I even decided to shut a door propped open by a chair, but left another open which was propped open by a big floor mat.
  The cashier at the grocery store claimed I looked like somebody he knew, but he couldn't guess my name despite claiming to be able to do so. Is this ESP or being a psychic? I'm not sure, but it was not effective at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment