Monday, September 17, 2012

Beautiful Iowa Postcard

A postcard I ordered from E-bay arrived earlier today, rather quickly as I had just paid for it on Thursday after winning it in an auction for under two dollars. I am still waiting for some other things to arrive, but for some it has been barely a week. I also know well enough to allow for slightly more time for items arriving from a foreign country, in this case Canada.
  It ebbs and flows as to how often I order from this site, and as to what interests me the most. But now it is postcards as there are small and cheap. Though the older, more rare ones will go for more. It's hard to say how many more items I will be able to find related to the movie 'Covered Wagon' from 1923, but I know most of Emerson Hough's books are listed there.
   At the comedy club tonight I saw that a few were added after the lineup was printed. I left just as the show closer took the stage as I was tired. It was surprising how somebody went over their time when I know it was somebody I had seen before, possibly at the same club. Most who have been there before know where the time light is and to acknowledge it and get off the stage right away.
  A fellow comic was interested in reading the blog. He was telling me how another comic was promoting it and it was flattering how he was truly 'pimping' it. He claimed that it was better than another one, that I hadn't read yet. There was even some mention of a podcast I would like, haven't tried one of those but I have been given at least one business card promoting a podcast. In fact, it was the same card he had with him, called 'Waiting For The Pizza'.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment