Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sleepwalk With Me Movie

I went to see the movie 'Sleepwalk With Me' at the Lagoon in Minneapolis earlier today. It was relatable since I do comedy, and appeared to be quite realistic in terms of covering what the business end of comedy looks like. Even though it was funny at times, it was also disturbing and sad when covering some of the incidents when he sleepwalks. But it made sense how he finally paid attention to what works and what doesn't in comedy, by doing jokes about relationships. This is something I understood after a while as well. Liked seeing Marc Maron having a cameo in it, somebody that a friend has opened for. There were a few big-name actors in it like Carol Kane.
   After the movie I decided to go to the Popeye's Chicken nearby as it's the only one I know of in the Twin Cities. I liked going there as usual. Also notable was what I did when leaving the bathroom at the theater. It had the sign: 'This establishment cares about your health, use your foot'. This time I did, the same sign is at work but I don't use it there and don't know why. But I like knowing it's available, being able to open a door with the foot.
    I did get two more photo albums at Walmart, and filled both tonight. It does greatly cut down on what is left in a plastic shopping bag. Since the pile got smaller I decided to find the larger ones right away and get them in another bag. In addition, it had been bothering me for a while as to where some were of the University of Iowa, where I went to college. I knew I had some that were part of my decor in my dorm rooms. Well I went through my other photo albums tonight and found them! There was nine in all, and as expected they were used to fill up space in an album. Same was true of the two from an earlier album, which I moved into an album with only postcards in it once found. It was a break in between moving from suburban Chicago to the Twin Cities in 2004. And I know why: I had just been to Iowa City to see a basketball game just a few weeks before then. Besides one of the Old Capitol, there was one of the basketball venue, Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Also one sent to me by a student, that said enjoy your senior year of high school. It is memorable how I received plenty of calls after applying, sometimes while I was out at a study group at another house.
   After getting these nine in the album with other Iowa postcards, I decided to take out a few that weren't anyplace in particular. This is to allow for my plans of adding some more, like ones I find on E-bay. When I want to avoid duplicate cards I may not buy any on my next visit. I like how I didn't need to shred many in order to finish one album, shredding just two. It was one which went geographically, from Ohio to Washington, DC. The other one I filled today went from Missouri to Michigan.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment