Sunday, September 9, 2012

Festival at St. Stan's Church

This was a day of attending 2 festivals. First, we went to Northfield for the Jesse James festival for a few hours and then on to St. Paul for one at St. Stan's Catholic Church. But all I bought at the church was a cookie for 50 cents. The car show was just four cars, didn't see live music or a petting zoo by the time we got there. It seemed more like a garage sale fundraiser and a bingo game, so we didn't stay long, less than an hour. It was nice to get to Northfield as I had taken off last year due to a scheduling conflict. When touring the former bank, now a museum, there was a button display from previous years. It prompted me to check my button collection to see if I still had them, and I did, all four from 2007-2010. Then it was on to see what I had for postcards. Some were already in photo albums, I did get a hundred more into an album I just bought at a Walmart. Eventually I decided to make it just ones from Minnesota, which wasn't easy. But I wanted to have more of an order to it.
   With the others, they aren't in order and I may want to change that. I was wondering at first where some of  my others were then went to a closet where I saw storage boxes, noticed one of them was labeled as postcards and photos. There were a decent number in there, decided to get them sorted better by where they were from and it likely means another album for postcards. I do have some value left on a Target gift card, so that may be my next stop.
  When I was returning home tonight I saw a kid's stuffed animal on the ground so I decided to get a picture of it as it made me a little sad that a kid likely missed it. Upon closer examination, after taking the picture, I noticed it was a plush horse. You don't see those too often, thankfully it wasn't a teddy bear. Those are just too cliche. I even recall a form given to attendees of a church work camp that asked for stuffed animals for a certain event, unsure why. It even said 'let's get a variety- not all teddy bears'.

No comments:

Post a Comment