Thursday, September 20, 2012

Enough To Gag a Maggot

The theater guy spoke of sayings he heard as a kid, and one of them was 'enough to gag a maggot'. He also said he wouldn't be a good physician, as he would likely say 'too stupid to live' to patients. When somebody spoke to him he said 'I'm not mean, I'm hilarious'. When I say he can be menacing, like his laugh or smile, he said he isn't menacing. Based on what I see all of the time, and some of the stories he's told, I have reason to believe this.
   I went to the library to print things, and had to stop the printer as it was just spitting out gibberish. But it did print what I wanted after pressing the one button to stop it. I am mostly caught up now on getting things printed from my Hotmail account, one more pass through should be enough.
   One of the items I ordered from E-bay arrived, but after I was home from work. It was the 'Covered Wagon' movie card in French. It does list Emerson Hough as the book writer, and spoke of Will Rogers doing a parody later on called 'Two Wagons, Both Covered'.
   While checking the paper from my hometown I found an article about how the former football coach will be honored at the next home game, in just over a week from now. I am unable to attend, already made other plans. But I see myself setting aside the time to send a writing, as Coach taught us a lot about not just succeeding in football, but also in life.
   Tonight when I was going past the post office, I liked seeing a postal worker still in uniform walking with his young daughter. It must have been just as his shift had ended.  On ABC's 'Nightline' show there was a special feature about solitary confinement in a prison in Denver. It was a segment depicting a journalist who went there to see it first-hand. He was there for 48 hours as an inmate and ended up interviewing inmates as well as prison staff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment