Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sweet Potato Fries

    I ordered sweet potato fries at the comedy club tonight, rare for me to order food. I found out the establishment is participating the Delta Airlines dining for miles program. A recent email said so. It went fine performing, doing jokes about a dress shop and Best Buy, an adult film actress, a love your laxative TV commercial, wanting to feel special, and constant gratitude.
    In the morning I heard the song 'There she goes' by Sixpence None The Richer while walking through the skyway. I had read about how the song is about drugs- 'Racing through my brain, pulsing through my veins'- but I know many songs are about this subject. It also made me think of another sixpence song, 'Kiss me', from the movie 'She's All That'. Riding the bus this morning I got a voucher for free tickets to the science museum, since I ride with somebody who works there. It is good until the end of June, so I have some time to use it and see the space exhibit.
   At the comedy club tonight, International Falls did ones about ageism, 115 days without HR, Prince as emergency contact, mom a hypochondriac, your last birthday party, and sewing a little heart, and bear for the dogs. Michigan did ones about wrong turn and into Canada, swinging like Spider-Man, and circumcision at age 4. Apron did ones about a Biggie Smalls tat, and a neighbor took his parking spot. Long straw did ones about grocery shopping at Target, looking like Tom Hanks, it was wishful thinking on Asperger's, Alzheimer's and a Zumba, and confidence not always good. Bus fare did ones about walk how this body walks, and won't be in the band Modest Mouse. The fancy comic did ones about a footrace with Christ, lottery winning odds, hanging in there, and on top of the world. No-mic did ones about walk a mile, Tom and Jerry, she's not a MILF, and a vibrator ad. There was a speaker in the bathroom, and a comedy show on one of the TV monitors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment