Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Flat Miner

       At the comedy club tonight, 'A flat miner' was the punch-line on the question of what happened when one throws a piano down a shaft. With my set I continued to tell my story through music. I left off with playing Pearl Jam and Gin Blossoms in my head to keep myself calm at college graduation. Then it continued on with songs that marked the time when I moved to suburban Chicago, and then when I left for the Twin Cities. This included something from the movie Good Will Hunting, then something from Maroon 5 and Indigo Girls. Then there was the Anna Nalick song nailing how I feel as a writer and comic with '2am/breathe'.
   It was raining at midday so I walked around the skyway and did not go outside. For the Wii walk or dancing in the late afternoon we still were doing a skyway walk. There was some rain again in the evening, but it ended before I left for the comedy club.
   Also at the comedy club, I liked hearing all of the music. The show runner started off with ones having lyrics like 'don't let me break, don't let me crack' as well as 'it's not nothing, cuz I'm feeling something'. This was followed by 'take me down, little suzie', 'no woman, no crime' and then one I did recognize, 'Wagon wheel'. Then there was 'Angel of Harlem', 'Remedy', and 'any way you want it' by Journey- these three I think were all recorded and not played onstage. Others by the show runner were 'told you to be patient, kind', 'all your love is wasted', and 'who will fall behind'. I recognized 'Heart shaped box' by Nirvana, 'Dock of the bay', and 'Black' by Pearl Jam. Another performer did ones about 'blue chip baby', 'took my keys locked the door', 'walk along the avenue', and 'ran so far away, couldn't get away'. Others I recognized were 'Mother Mother', 'My baby don't mess around', and 'Killing me softly'.

No comments:

Post a Comment