Sunday, June 21, 2015

Old Man, Neil Young

    I think the song quoted last night at the movie theater was 'Old Man' by Neil Young. I did listen to another song of his, as it was recommended, called 'harvest moon', but it was a love song and it didn't do much for me.
   It was another busy day of events, starting with German Fest at the former Schmidt brewery. This was after doing chores and errands like the dishes and getting groceries. I had a pork steak sandwich and some bottled water, then had some Dutch pancakes, little discs. Also bought two note cards of St. Paul landmarks, the St. Paul Hotel and Mancini's restaurant. Later on it was off to the Saints baseball game, the Saints beat Gary 9-3, plenty of home runs in it. I was getting cranky as the food lines were too long during the game. It started at 5pm but I don't usually eat that early. I like getting food before the game starts, especially if it is a 1pm or 7pm start. I decided to get some bottled water and a bag of peanuts, even though I wanted a chili cheese dog or chicken tenders more. Earlier I did drank a root beer, but it was warm so staying hydrated is important. I called my dad in the evening as it was Dad's Day and I figured he would like hearing about my time at the brewery. He did tell me some about Schmidt beer, with wildlife depicted on the cans.

No comments:

Post a Comment