Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Chocolate Graham Crackers

   I often get one discount table item when I go to the grocery store for my weekly order. This week it was chocolate graham crackers. They taste all right, low sugar. It is the Shur Fine store brand from suburban Chicago. I once lived there, so I like seeing the home office listed on the box. There are two, Elk Grove Village and Skokie. I haven't had graham crackers in a while, as readers know I like getting the animal crackers most of the time.
   Tonight at the comedy club I did the contest. It was the final preliminary round. I felt good about giving it my all, and was pleased how eight office colleagues were in my cheering section. I did not advance, but I knew it would be hard to do. I was the second one called, it was a random draw. After the show many said they liked my set, I felt good about it. The D.C. native and Sub Teacher were two of the judges, I understand D.C. is in town for a weeklong gig. I spoke about music at the bar at one point, and got annoyed with another patron who wasn't on the same page as me. I blew them off and went back into the showroom, and this patron eventually found we and wanted to talk at the bar. But it largely proved to be a waste of time aside from getting some comedy material out of it. So my first impression was correct, and I am not sure why I give people second chances as often as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment