Friday, June 26, 2015

Comedy Club On State, Madison

     I headed out of state this weekend to attend my cousin's wedding in Wisconsin. I saw some things along the way, one of them was a comedy show in Madison at the Comedy Club on State. One of the over twenty comedy CDs I own that were done by friends was recorded there, one of two done by the Wisconsin girl. I made it to the first of two shows tonight. MC did ones about documentaries, guess the cheese, Colorado, coffee grounds, an alien name, brushing hair, and a urinal. Feature is from Illinois, the town I call Lincoln-land, but now lives in Raleigh, NC. He did ones about bar games, his lady's birthday, mom a nurse, a soccer ad on TV, Dolphins poster, Red Badge of Courage, Chicago free clinic, Dos Equis, stolen phone, sweet Caroline, and church.
   Headliner did ones about Berenstain Bears, princess, mermaid, mildly depressed, crayons, vodka and a gun, Russian mom, work in a record store, keep you warm, live with dudes, catcalls in New York, P90X toilet seat, board planes early, Colonial Williamsburg, internet dating, undies, Waffle House, country music, listen to Korn, Ren-Fest, Henry 8, NPR, Churchill, FDR, I have a cat, sell the shirt, and crowd rap. Sounds like a CD was being recorded, and I haven't been a part of this too often.
We spoke after the show, she lives in LA now and we have some of the same friends, including the Wisconsin girl.  
    I also want to get a smashed penny souvenir, like at the circus museum in Baraboo, don't have one from this state yet. I made it to the museum just after 5pm. It had just closed for the day, but I can try again sometime this weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment