Sunday, June 14, 2015

Encyclopedia Show

     I went to the Encyclopedia Show at a pub in downtown Minneapolis tonight. I wanted to use a certificate I had won at a comedy marathon this year and I knew this was the end of the season. I enjoyed the show as it was intelligent humor. I did know two of those involved with it, 3 by 3 and the ex-wife of the late Bill Young. I recognized 'The reverend', the show's final performer, from the comedy marathon. It was a reminder of seeing somebody who did a speech about Godzilla movies, same guy. He did allude to Godzilla tonight. I liked the video screen behind him as the visuals helped with what he had to say. Like the one where it said 'I am not sorry at all'. I told one performer how I liked one bit as it had been on 'Big Bang Theory', about a cat. I even got stage time tonight, as they asked for audience members who wanted to answer trivia questions, I was one of two. One of them was the song 'Across the universe' as 'Universe' was the theme tonight. I was the prize winner, even though I was mostly guessing I got three out of four. I got a whoopee cushion, I will be counting  it as a comedy souvenir. Both tickets from the certificate got used, at first I announced one being available and Facebook and had a taker but she later said couldn't make it, she was ill. When I arrived a lady next to me got the other ticket, somebody who had seen me perform on a Monday night recently. I also noticed people to and from the show. on the shuttle bus a man spoke of PTSD and getting arrested, and how he will likely lose his paramedic license. Another was on light rail. It was a lady in black pants, black shoes, glasses, cursive capital A tattoo behind one ear, and hair in a bun. the outfit suggested she was going to or from work.
   I liked getting things done today. There was dishes, trash, recycle, groceries, and laundry. After having to throw out another pair of socks due to the holes in them, I went to JC Penney and got more. I got four pairs, one of them is patriotic. I used one of two gift cards from my birthday. I was asked if I got them for the Fourth of July, and responded by saying it came down to need more than anything else. But I liked seeing they were available, and of course I already have the patriotic shirt, a good companion to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment