Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Shikoku Island League Baseball

     I did a half day at work and then walked over to the baseball stadium in downtown St. Paul and saw the Saints play a team from Japan known as Shikoku Island league. The Saints lost 6-0. I did get plenty of pictures there. I am thankful I made it as an international game like this one doesn't happen too often. I answered a survey from Osaka University and got a pen as a gift. Also being handed out were balloons, with plastic at the end where air is added. One of them had a Japan Airlines logo on it. I also got a flyer about tourism to the area, and spoke of pilgrimages, my guess related to religion, the Buddhist faith since one question does mention spiritual preparation. It mentions the Shikoku District transport bureau, then its website and Facebook page, next to smart-phone apps for same. Tourism videos were also shown between innings on the main video board in center field. It did made me think of my college roommate, who has been to Japan twice. First was as an English teacher in Chiba, then on the USS Fitzgerald docked in Tokyo when he was in the Navy. After the game we were able to meet and greet the Japanese players near the main gate, and I got my roster signed there.
  In the evening I did make it to the comedy club, and did more stories about music. Most were about my life since I moved to the Twin Cities over a decade ago. The show runner led off with songs that spoke of what do you mean, what do I need?, I need you. It was followed by if you love me, don't let go. Somebody I know from the comedy circuit was there, and we spoke about Wild West figures including Emerson Hough. He did ones about dreams and nightmares. Back to music, as a duo did concrete jungle, now that you are in New York, hear it for New York, lights will inspire you. It was followed by no rest for the wicked, nothing in this world for free. I recognized another as a Jackson Five song- baby give me one more chance, want you back. After me was more music, a saxophone, and instrumental. I also liked hearing somebody sing a cappella, Andrews Sisters Company B, and fever all through the night. Next was a rapper, singing on a hillside, an able mind. It was followed by burgers beans and rice, words like birds, razor sharp, and rich flavor. After the break was don't stop believing, I'm yours, the place I belong, let it be, a song medley and a few I may have missed. Then it was give me one more reason by Tracy Chapman.

No comments:

Post a Comment