Sunday, June 7, 2015

Jordan House, West Des Moines

    I began the morning in Des Moines, ate at the Village Inn with my dad. After breakfast we checked out of the hotel and said our goodbyes. I decided to go over to West Des Moines and find the Jordan house, it did have plates up stating the National Register of Historic Places designation as well as the Underground Railroad. I got some photos and then I left. I also made it to Valley Junction, where I once lived, and got some pictures of the car show, Ford Mustangs.
     In my drive back to the Twin Cities I made two stops, in Clear Lake, IA, and Cannon Falls, MN. I decided to bypass most of I-35 in Minnesota due to fair warning about construction delays. The route I chose was through Rochester. I attended the comedy award show tonight after resting at home for a short time and returning the rental car. Since I no longer have the car, I feel more free to say I found out it had expired plates. I let them know how I didn't like driving it for this reason. It was the first time I am aware of that this happened, but this shouldn't happen at all. I also noticed the mileage on this trip was not accurate when it was checked in, even though I was out of state I didn't drive well over a thousand miles like they claimed. I don't think it was checked in properly from the previous renter. I noticed a rental agreement from another company was left behind.
    At the show tonight, I was up for two awards but did not win any. It was no big deal, my first time at this award show and it was an honor just being nominated. I made a joke about somebody who had a video camera strapped to his forehead reminding me of a St. Bernard dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment