Saturday, June 6, 2015

Car Wash Token

    When I was walking over to the McDonald's for an Egg McMuffin this morning I saw a car wash token on the pavement near my hotel. A sports car is on the front and 'No cash value' is on the back. I am not sure what I will do with it, as I don't do car washes since I just let it rain. I will probably throw it into a wishing well sometime soon.
    I did see a classmate later today at his home, after I got a text message this morning. He was at a farmers market with his son. He liked hearing how I do comedy, and he found my Twitter account. His son, who turns three later this year, was given a DVD to stay occupied, the first 'Shrek' movie. He did tell me about running a marathon in Minnesota, in St. Cloud. There was a connection to Garrison Keillor that he spoke of, as I recall the Lake Wobegon name was used. The visit ended when we went to pick up his wife, who I think was at a speaking engagement. He recommended a bar I did eat at for lunch, the High Life Lounge, near the baseball stadium. I liked the way it was decorated with plenty of old beer signs, and I got pictures of many of them. Some of them were Hamm's and Schlitz, and of course they did have some for Miller, as the name would suggest since the place is called High Life.
The Iowa Cubs game with my dad was in the evening, Memphis beat them 7-2. The I-Cubs pitcher didn't last long as he was walking too many batters, and was gone after three innings. Memphis was  ahead 6-0 by then. Dad liked seeing how a group of Little Leaguers from Lucas County were in our section, as he likes any reminder of southern Iowa. He talked a lot during the game, made it harder to pay attention and keep score but I did the best I could.  

No comments:

Post a Comment