Saturday, June 13, 2015

Late Nite Catechism

      I went to see 'Late Nite Catechism', a one-woman show, at Plymouth Playhouse this afternoon. Thankful I made it as the show was nearing the end of its run at this venue, the final weekend. I found it to be funny, so I liked finding out a nun can be funny. I arrived about 30 minutes before showtime and bought a ticket then. I was kind of leery to get one in advance online since there was a data breach with their ticket ordering service and it led to my card being re-issued.
   There was six items on my list to do, and I liked getting to all of them. First was the post office, I picked up a comedy CD ordered from Amazon. Then it was on to South St. Paul where I made a visit to Pro-X Pharmacy, as it is closing soon. I bought six items, two were food and two were magnets. I turned in change at the bank, over nine dollars, last done in March. Fourth was the library, and I printed some things like my ticket to a baseball game on Wednesday. Fifth was the one-woman show, and sixth was a comedy show. I had heard from school bouncer on Facebook that he would be MC, and a tall comic from Africa would be the 'Middle'. I hadn't seen him in a while. I liked how school bouncer did 'I don't need you' and 'check the fridge'. I didn't know the headliner but he had been on TV apparently.
   I saw a link to an article on Facebook about the pharmacy closing, and shared it. The story meant something to me as it is a place that has five Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues, one from each series. Don't know who will acquire all of them, hopefully some will go to a museum. I liked reading the article as it did cover the history of this independent pharmacy, dating back to 1923. It had moved from a different building, into what was a grocery store. The reduced reimbursements on pharmacy orders was given as the culprit, and the owner decided to sell out to Walgreen. It did speak of other pharmacies in Minnesota that had closed, including Snyder. I had bought a few items when Snyder had its liquidation sale. I had heard about it as an office colleague, who is from this town, told me about it. I did get some photos of course.
    I like longer sets at non open-mic shows. School bouncer did ones about I'm over here, and I got a shout out. Others were bachelorette party, put a ring on it, text and drive, Redbox rentals, a princess, Mike Tyson, it is sideways, kill you just cause, start a rap beef, and keep him. Middle performer did ones about Chippendale stripper, log swinging, NAACP, African look, a mural, Como Zoo dinner, trailer trash, feed the children, Michael Jackson video, Coon Rapids, traffic ticket, and Joe Clark in Lean On Me. Others were about rap exercises, etch a sketch, tramp stamps, Adrian Peterson, new stadium, Best Buy computers, and what kind of police is the bachelorette?
    Headliner did ones about get religious, Roots movie, fact check on Fox News, have a daiquiri, roommates at apartment, how lucky I am, do not have to be Jordan, and B and B for freaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment