Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Faraway So Close, U2

   When I arrived at the comedy club tonight, I heard the song 'Faraway so close' by U2. I said I hadn't heard it in a while. I had to watch the video on Youtube after the show, and it did bring back more memories. What stood out for me was mention of two American cities- Miami and new Orleans- and then the ending- 'The angel hits the ground'. I did see this band in concert, in St. Louis in 2005. This was on the Vertigo tour. And I do have some of their CDs as well. I recalled my brother when I was young having their 'October' album, and I said 'who is U2?' but they were still largely unknown then. Eventually I did hear more of their music, like 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' from the 'War' album, and of course the big seller, 'Joshua Tree'.
   It went fine on the joke telling tonight. A notable one was inspired by my dad telling me about polio- even though the Jonas Salk vaccine has made it a history book item. Another was about the prize I got at the show I just attended over the weekend. Also after the show, I saw a few Facebook messages so I am hopeful about more stage time soon as well as appearing on a podcast. I did get some more travel plans finalized, and it was hard to find a good deal as I wanted to book an 'Award flight'- a free flight due to using miles from my frequent flyer account.
   Also at the comedy club tonight, International Falls did ones about IUD pains, tattoos, piercings, suicide women, Mom's Day poem, teen girls texting, and roommate washing dishes. Note page did ones about pizza in squares, cherry pie, moon walk, and magic mushrooms. New Ulm mayor did ones about a kidney stone, can't help it, and now I'm nice. Red did ones about identify as a hamster, having hair like the Little Mermaid, Christ with Las Vegas hookers, Iggy Azalea CD, being excited about Facebook, Hillary Clinton, and Liz Warren. Soap opera did ones about candy bars, Mom angry, confused him with Dad, working at a comic book store, and watching One Life To Live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment