Sunday, June 28, 2015

WI Mousehouse Cheesehaus

    I began the day at my hotel in Janesville, WI, and after having continental breakfast I packed up and checked out. My first stop, after getting fuel in Janesville, was at Mousehouse Cheesehaus, west of Madison. The receipt said it was in a town called Windsor. I bought some sausage and cheese in a bag there. I ate it quickly in my car. I also got Chicago Bears football trading cards, postcards, and a magnet, showing a mouse eating cheese. It did rain off and on during my drive, at first shortly after I got started and let up before Madison. Then it was heavy again around Eau Claire, and finally as I was entering the Twin Cities metro area. This was one of three stops, as I also stopped in Tomah for lunch, and Menomonie for the bathroom, and an ice cream sandwich.
   After arriving back home just after 4pm, I rested for a short time and got groceries, then went to return the rental car. I arrived at the comedy club in the evening and saw the D.C. native perform as
the MC. School bouncer was there as well, but not to perform.
    D.C. did ones about a cellphone, one year sober, car filled up with vodka, an orphanage without compassion, the number joke, rate your nausea, dad and sports, NBA game, Spanish words, wave at a football game, Bruce Jenner, liberals eating their own, rock bottom, and rehab after Super Bowl. A guest set was done by a comic known for initials. He did ones about where are you going?, alphabet, marriage, strip club, make it rain, cupcakes, cartoon tats, and voicemail. The feature is from Phoenix. He did ones about weed and munchies, being adopted, Bocce ball, a pregnant neighbor, crowd rap, military personnel, and couples game night. D.C. returned and did ones about eat and get a shirt, 100 hot dogs, roommate agreement, fried chicken,  back at the gym, water fake plant, Catholic school sex-ed, and Top Gun.
    Headliner is from New York. He did ones about a Twitter post, time machine, pregnancy scare, hit reset button, Michael Jordan, mom like a bill collector, Little Mermaid, hide gun, Build a Bear, Steph Curry, missing kids, reality TV, I'm sassy, CNN, groceries, Arizona ice tea, Skittles, DARE program, and rioting.
    I thought of my grandma's brother after seeing his photo in uniform this weekend, and found his listing online at Ancestry dot-com. It was sad to be reminded of how he died so young, just nineteen,  during World War Two. Also because it was in Germany in March 1945, after the Yalta conference which was in February. The war was essentially over in Europe just over a month later, when Hitler killed himself. The paper said his body was finally returned to the USA for burial in August 1948, more than three years later. I recalled seeing his grave when I was young, it said beside his name and his birth and death dates was 'He gave his life for his country'.

No comments:

Post a Comment