Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Smells Like Nirvana, Weird Al

     I read how actor Dick Van Patten died, it was mentioned on Facebook. Many spoke of his role on
the TV show 'Eight is Enough' but I was more familiar with his later work, such as the 'Smells like Nirvana' music video by Weird Al Yankovic. It was a parody of Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'.
   At the comedy club tonight, I did more stories of my life through music. But it was harder for me to perform as I had a scratchy throat, still hoarse from talking to numerous people after my contest night. The show runner did songs that mention battlefields, respect and fame, courage and blood. This was followed by this fight is not worth fighting, shine your shoes, no time to lose. A comic who had greeted me before (and we spoke of the wild west) did ones about visit the dollar store, is from San Diego, we have Jimmy John's, worked in fast food, playing pickup basketball, and the flute section. next performer did one about soups and gravy, suffocated, and sounded like heavy metal. It was the last show for the front-man, as he is moving to Oregon. Show runner returned with won't take you for granted, these broken arms will hold you still, cheapest whiskey tale, we've had enough, nothing but hope, orchestra playing for us, ain't no rest for the wicked, bills to pay, money don't grow on trees. A rapper did one about how can I be so happy when I don't have you. It was followed by struggle, I hope everything goes right, are you happy to be alive?, and celebration of life. A newer comic did ones about catcalling, bridal shop, Planned Parenthood, bathrooms, and weed. A British band was next, the front-man is getting married soon, band is called 'Sand river' if I am not mistaken. They did ones about calling me a liar, a thief, a villain. This was followed by did you being me silver and gold, and one of them played guitar behind his head. At the break, I heard a recorded version of the classic
song 'Radar love'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment