Tuesday, January 26, 2016

chatterbox pub, st. paul

this week it was announced that chatterbox pub in st. paul had closed. it was tough to hear as this was a place where I liked performing. but it is not even close to the first where I have performed and is no longer with us. the others I recall are 400 bar, artists quarter, and campus pizza. I am hopeful this is replaced by another show somewhere, as there are two other locations, both in Minneapolis. or at some other establishment entirely. on the video board outside the xcel energy center one could see this as news being reported by the st. paul paper.
   I made it to the comedy club tonight, and some of us were discussing the posting from fantasia's blog about the twin city comedy scene. I said I could relate to some of the things being discussed in it, like some comics wanting to cut down the new ones. I said it explains why I don't go to the clubs every night of the week as it is insanely competitive. I have met some good friends from doing stand-up, but there are some people in the scene that I find to be annoying. I guess it is all about being careful and putting myself first. no surprise how at least one comic said it was 'sour grapes' as the entry writer has essentially quit doing comedy. mason city did say we should focus our energy on the good people in the scene, and he is correct.
   at the office an a.a. in the afternoon came around and asked us if we wanted to hold up a small sign for pictures, in reference to our employer becoming a separate company. I gladly did so, as it would be nice to make the company publications again like I did with last year's calendar.
   I am still thinking about school bouncer's recent post about being in Chicago, albeit just at O'Hare airport. it means I probably should get more of my plans finalized for my annual visit, as I do like making it there during hockey season so I can see a minor-league wolves hockey game. it did lead to me finding 'tonight, tonight' on youtube as I knew one line in it is 'the city by the lake', referring to Chicago. another notable thing on facebook was a thread from 2011 where I was tagged by the photographer, it was about internet dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment