Sunday, January 3, 2016

SOB, nathaniel rateliff and the night sweats

recently I have heard a catchy song I found out is called 'sob', by Nathaniel rateliff and the night sweats. I found the video on youtube, it has a prison theme, of course this makes me think of various music acts. this would include elvis Presley doing jailhouse rock, the blues brothers doing the same song, and johnny cash doing folsom prison blues. not surprising how the song has a hook to it, as most do. in this case 'son of a bitch' is what made me take notice. I hear this more than needing a drink. this is a simple song, at some points no music is being played so it does fall into the blues, and folk genre. it did make me think of 'ho hey' by the lumineers, found out this is no accident besides being the similar genres. both acts are from the Denver, CO area. I liked reading about this act on Wikipedia, how the frontman is from rural Missouri.
    much of my day was spent doing a cleanup of my facebook friends list. I have it pared down to 325. I figured if I did it in one fell swoop then I wouldn't need to do much about it for a while. this is especially true when I have been slower to add people. over the weekend I did add one of my cousins, who liked some of the photos I have. much like before, if I didn't recognize their names and there had been no posts in common, then they were likely de-friended. I kept those that were just added in the past year. every so often I will go through and de-friend a few, especially after I find somebody to be annoying. I know I did speak of this to jane goodall, who understood this well. she said it was important to avoid negative energy. even though I added plenty of photos to facebook this weekend, there were some that I decided to delete. it is all about quality, and in some cases just one from a place I have been to works fine. I know this is what I decided about the ones from my cousin's wedding. I attended a comedy show the night before in Madison, WI, and I posted two show announcements. one photo got 15 likes, the other zero. so I kept the more popular one. another thing I did was add more articles to the comedy binders after getting them into sheet protectors. this filled in much of my day well. when i was satisfied with what I had done I checked the clock and it was 5pm. so I decided to get on the road to the comedy club, riding over to the park and ride and taking the light rail. there was a delay as somebody got hit by a train, and I arrived just before the show began. I stopped at a nearby target store first and got a small pizza hut pepperoni pizza. it was proof of how I live 'the manic life of a comedian' as I was eating it on the walk to the club. the set went well, and I included a joke about the delay as somebody spoke of following directions on the shuttle bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment