Sunday, January 31, 2016

tighten up, black keys

recently, I heard a song twice at sandwich and coffee shops that was catchy. but I had a hard time hearing all of the key lyrics correctly, so it was hard to find online. I went to facebook for help and somebody I didn't know had the answer. it was 'tighten up' by the black keys. I heard 'silly' after a guitar solo, but it was 'steady'. made it much harder to find. I did also hear 'I just know how I feel' but that was also not enough. not sure if I had heard the entire song either time. the video was found on youtube, it takes place at a playground. I had to listen to it more closely, and I understand it is about love and relationships. I was correct that it was from the alternative genre, as the Wikipedia article said it was number one on alternative charts in 2010. I may have heard of some of their other songs.
   this afternoon I went to a play about internet dating, at the illusion theater in Minneapolis. I laughed often, except when bad puns were used, and there were three. it was a farce at times, but also realistic about many of the issues faced when internet dating. I hadn't been to this venue much before, probably just once. that was for 'my antonia', based on the willa cather novel of the same name. it had a limited run, less than a week. this performance had tickets, the final one of this world premiere. it was sold out on Friday and Saturday.
   I would have preferred seeing events at the winter carnival, but it was not to be. aside from the play, I also needed to get laundry done. so that means next weekend for the winter carnival. then in the evening I went to the comedy club. I did do a joke inspired by attending the play. most of them were about things I had experienced this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment