Saturday, January 30, 2016

elastic heart, sia

when I was driving back from the post office this morning I liked hearing a song on my car radio. I found out it was 'elastic heart' by sia. the Wikipedia article said her full name is sia furler, and she is Australian. there were many lyrics that caught my attention. this included 'wanted to fight this war without weapons', 'I trust no one', 'you did not break me', 'walked through fire to save my life', and 'it's hard to lose a chosen one'. 'walking through fire' I think I liked the most. the video I found on youtube depicted a 'cage match', wrestling. though of course the theme of the song is love, as the title suggests by mention of heart.
   I also watched my 'Fahrenheit 9/11' DVD this morning, I think due to checking my CDs and seeing one that had music inspired by the movie when trying to find what everclear CDs I had. this is another movie where it is a good idea that I don't watch it too often. it makes me sad and angry at the same time, and some movies trigger these emotions more than others do.
   around midday I headed off to the park and ride to take the light rail to the Twins fan-fest. I enjoyed this event as usual, plenty of small souvenirs available like postcards and trading cards. I got three psotcards of twins players in the hall of fame. these were Kirby puckett, harmon killebrew, and rod carew. I also liked getting an eddie murray magnet from their triple-a affiliate, the Rochester red wings. at one point it was an orioles team. in a previous year I liked getting a stan musial magnet from the same team, as it was a cardinals team before the orioles. it was great getting a picture with TC bear, the mascot. later on I found two of the racing mascots, also a good photo op where I spoke of Vivian maier. there was also souvenirs from Kirby puckett weekend in 1997, and opening day at the current stadium in 2010. in the evening , after getting back, I didn't do much aside from go to have a sandwich at subway.     

No comments:

Post a Comment