Thursday, January 21, 2016

same old love, selena gomez

recently I heard a catchy song on the radio and was pleased to find it on youtube as well, after looking it up as I had some lyrics. it was 'same old love' by selena Gomez. what made me take notice was the line 'my body has had enough' as 'I have had enough' became one of my favorite sayings in the past year. because I became more assertive. the video shows her surroundings well, some people in cars and others on the sidewalk. then I like how it does seem to be a reference to her fame, as she gets out of a car to stymie fans that were going to mob her. then it ends with her going onstage to perform the song. I did like another song of hers, 'come and get it'. it helps that she is attractive, but of course I still need a good singing voice in addition to the looks to impress me.
   I watched two 'big bang theory' episodes tonight. syndicated rerun was when raj found Lucy's blog and decided to get more manly for lucy. and Sheldon didn't like a show being canceled since there was a cliffhanger ending. prime time episode may have also been a rerun. it was about Sheldon and the boys going to mexico. and the ladies were prompted to tell their families things they really didn't want to. after this I took a long walk around the neighborhood. as usual, it helped me clear my mind and think about any more preparations that are needed for the date this weekend. this is a different match than last weekend, I have no interest in pursuing the one from last weekend any further. too many mistakes made, like (twice) waiting 2 days to respond to text messages. then on the date I had to re-answer questions like if I drink beer (I do but not at midday) and what gopher event I was at on the day before (hockey).
   this morning my match did speak of finding me in a google search. I said I am hopeful that means my match isn't scared off at all. when I did the same kind of search I found my twitter account. but I knew full well there is nothing controversial in my postings there. it is mostly 'hey! I went somewhere!' and 'I like this food'. I did say some of my comedy sets are online. when comedy is my craft, it is one thing I am careful about when I date. the anna nalick song 'breathe' sums it up well about how I feel as a performer: 'I feel like I am naked in front of the crowd, cuz these words are my diary screaming out loud'. I like performing, but it is also when I am most vulnerable. but I am confident that it won't be too big of a deal to my match. as a comic, I really hardly ever get offensive in my joke-telling. but it is still a window into my life. I mainly do jokes about my office job, family, and internet dating, followed by traveling.
  I sent a list of Eminem songs that are my favorites to Maryland, after we spoke of it last night before performing. in terms of what songs help us get ready for performing. I listed 13, and then he spoke of 8 more, mostly ones I hadn't heard of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment