Friday, January 15, 2016

let's get weird

I was at Mariucci arena tonight for the gopher hockey game, and at one point the video board had a montage that said 'let's get weird'. an online search said something about its origin being on comedy central, but I haven't heard of it before as I don't have cable. this was my annual visit for gopher hockey, and Minnesota beat Michigan state 5-2. gophers went ahead 1-0 on a goal in the first minute. then they were up 3-0 at the end of the 2nd as there were goals about 2 1/2 minutes into the period, then about 3 minutes later. after passing the midway point of the third, there was a flurry of three goals, Michigan state's first goal was the second of these three. then Michigan state got the final goal of the game, with about 2 1/2 minutes left. I had a seat in row 11, behind one of the goalie nets. and considering that a goal was scored early, I am thankful I was in my seat before the national anthem. I had some domino's pizza and bottled water, and said it still makes me laugh when their slogan is 'oh yes we did'. the server wondered why I looked inside the box, a little pepperoni pizza. she asked if I thought the slogan meant a slice was missing. no, I said. it was due to once delivering pizza and not knowing it was just dough and sauce.
  after the game I stopped at a Walgreen and got a box of star wars cereal, made by general mills. on facebook, school bouncer shared an article that he is mentioned in, a publication called growler magazine. my cousin posted something about cat diesel power, I know full well what it is referring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment