Friday, January 29, 2016

party in the USA, miley cyrus

I watched  a documentary about the 1980 USA Olympic hockey team and it had a Neil Young song in the closing credits, 'long may you run'. this led to me finding 'rocking in the free world', by the same artist. and for some reason I eventually thought of 'party in the USA', by miley cyrus. at first I think I found Miley to be annoying. sound familiar? it is what I said about other artists, but I just needed to get used to them. I like 'party' as it is a familiar story, about moving to a new city and trying to find your way. I do like the hook in it, 'butterflies fly away' and 'be ok'. also the mention of songs by jay-z, and then Britney, reminding me of how a certain song can put me at ease as well. though my favorite line has to be 'definitely not a Nashville party'. I do like some of miley's other songs, especially 'we can't stop'. I have also found some covers she has done, on youtube. this included 'crimson and clover' as well as 'don't dream it's over'. with 'crimson' she is wearing a revealing outfit, with black tape on her nipples.
   I was fine with staying in tonight, as I was tired. I nearly fell asleep while watching the video, and I didn't even have a blanket on me. it of course was after I went to eat at taco bell, and found a snack at a nearby gas station that I wanted on the third try. I had just $1.75 in cash on me, not enough for the ice cream sandwich, or the nutter butter. so I got the peanut butter crackers instead, even though the clerk said I could still have the ice cream sandwich. he said it was close enough. it just felt better paying in full, I can have ice cream some other time this weekend.
   at the office, it was tough at first to handle a simple flex time request for next week. on the third try I got it right, after finding out how the rules had changed and asking my 'work spouse' how it needs to be completed now. still waiting to hear about getting the password on the voicemail for my office phone reset. I have a red light showing and don't recall my password, people hardly ever call it. I give the number to the mechanic for my car, as I did run it in last night just before closing time. I had 2 tires replaced and a coolant sensor. when riding home to get to the shop a bus friend, the attorney, spoke of having her husband pick up the kids from day-care to avoid being fined. first time we had spoken in a while. I thought about my 'bus friends' after the Hillary Clinton look-alike shared a story on facebook about one of her bus friends. it was due to moving, and no longer riding that bus.
   I liked getting some pictures of the ice sculptures at the winter carnival in downtown st. paul before getting to work in the morning. I got some more at midday after I had a sandwich at erbert gerbert. I still need to figure out when I will go to this event in earnest, where I will have some of the food there as well as attend an event inside landmark center. this of course is across the street from the ice sculptures which are in rice park.  

No comments:

Post a Comment