Saturday, January 23, 2016

minions movie

this evening after going to the grocery store I went to mcdonald's and got a redbox rental. the movie was 'minions'. I had heard plenty about it when it was at theaters and was willing to try it as a rental. of the three most prominent minions, I think I liked kevin, the tallest one. hard to say why. as a history major I liked seeing them go through world history. but eventually most of the story appeared to take place in the 1960s, in America and England. the gibberish from the characters wasn't annoying to me, as it was in a happy voice tone. the villains were good in it as well, and so was the music. since I had visited great Britain in 2012 the scenes from there made more sense to me like when they were in the 'underground' transport system, hearing 'mind the gap'. I used a code to get a discount on the first night of rental, and I liked getting to the mcdonald's likely just before closing. I thought about getting a sandwich there but I was already there for an egg mcmuffin for breakfast. in addition, I had a can of dented Hormel chili from the grocery store. I heated up the chili when I got back and put some string cheese in it.
   this day will likely be best remembered for the first date that I had at midday. we had a meal at a restaurant in the west metro at a mall. then we walked around for a little while after that. I showed my postcards that were ordered online and just picked up at the post office earlier today. one of them was of a parade in Italy with Charlie brown characters in it, so I had to have it. when I know my date has already found some of my comedy sets on youtube, after my name was googled, I know to be careful what I say in this forum. most of what we talked about on the date should stay between us. I may have talked a lot, but I listened a lot as well. and I spoke of my favorite movie, 'good will hunting'. because of this, when I got home I did watch my DVD copy. I hadn't seen it in a little while, and it may be just as well as I like the passion in it but I can only take so much passion at a time. sound familiar? I know full well I have spoken about passion before. there is plenty of swearing in it, but this doesn't bother me any. I try to avoid swearing but sometimes it is helpful as it can be appropriate at times. some scenes are tough to watch, that I will admit. first would be when will comes unhinged with skylar and says he doesn't love her and then leaves. this is followed by will at the construction site, when chuckie tells him he is sitting on a winning lottery ticket. then there is when his therapist and professor are arguing and the professor calls his friends 'retarded gorillas'. finally it is when his therapist says 'it is not your fault'. I thought the toughest for me was the construction site, but it was the one with his lady. I did say to my date that it is definitely one movie that helps understand me.
   I know I approached this date differently than others, knowing how important it is to put my best foot forward. and I feel I hit the right chords, but I did my best to learn from previous mistakes I had made. I told myself to approach it like when I am performing, as performing doesn't make me nervous anymore. I listened to some music before departing for the mall, 'i'm just me' by charley pride, and 'heartbeat song' by Kelly Clarkson. on the way there, on my car radio I heard 'same old love' by selena Gomez. after the date, I heard 'confident' by demi Lovato and 'exes and ohs' by elle king. some of these from the car radio probably were appropriate, especially demi's, as it asks 'what's wrong with being confident?' what else was different? when I saw my date off, I went home too. I didn't stay at the mall, just walking around. sometimes I do this, replaying the date in my mind. but this time I didn't have to. and I knew I had some things to do at home. in addition, it was emotionally draining this week, the anticipation of it. my 'work spouse' said 'be myself', though this hadn't worked too often before. I had a text message from my date saying 'I made it home', and I said 'so did I'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment