Monday, January 11, 2016

man who sold the world

it was announced that musician david bowie had died. I may be able to recognize some of his music, but I didn't know it all that well. I often heard about the movie 'labyrinth', made when I was young, but I think I saw it once and that was it. there are two things I shared on facebook in response to a post, in terms of what first came to mind. one was how one of his quotes was in the movie 'breakfast club'. the other was how nirvana covered 'man who sold the world' when doing 'unplugged in new york' and after playing it said it was a bowie song. mason city said I likely knew some of his new wave music from the 1980s, and I said I could recognize 'let's dance'.
   I went to another comedy club after I wasn't picked, it was the first time at this venue since may. it was nice to get some stage time, but I may want to be more mindful of the time as I was there later than I should have been as I was yawning a lot. I had my phone shut off as that is what they wanted us to do at the start of the show, and it was later than I thought it was.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment