Wednesday, January 13, 2016

peaches, presidents of the USA

over the weekend I bought a can of peaches from the discount table at the grocery store. not sure why it was discounted, as it is not dented. but it did have a family dollar label on it, and it wasn't bought at that store, so this may be why. it did make me think of a song called 'peaches' by the presidents of the USA. I recall hearing them when I was in college. I found the video on youtube, and I was reminded of how they fight ninjas in it near the end. I know this band also had a song called 'lump'. it was later parodied by weird al, called 'gump', in reference to the movie 'forrest gump'. what I liked about the 'peaches' song was the line about 'peaches come from a can, they were put there by a man, in a factory downtown'. I decided to eat half of the peaches, the rest can be eaten the next day.
   it went well performing at the comedy club tonight. I did do two newer ones, one was about a text message from an online match. the other was about an annoying thing that happened at the office.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment