Wednesday, January 27, 2016

crimson and clover

I was headed to the comedy club tonight and heard on my card radio the song 'crimson and clover'. not sure which version, but it wasn't the one by tommy james. I know my dad would play tommy james music to wake me up sunday morning before we would go to church.
    it went well on performing. I did mention how being timid has cost me sometimes in internet dating. at some point one long-buried memory was of my first match I met from e-harmony, who dumped me after 3 dates. thanks to linked-in, I find out this match is married now so it hurt even more to be dumped. so I know full well I can't afford to be shy anymore. another long-buried memory that surfaced today was after I got out of a meeting with my boss about my performance evaluation. I spoke with a colleague who has a cube near the conference room. eventually I spoke of the HR rep that had hired me in suburban Chicago. the same rep also refused to give me my walking papers when I was laid off 12 years ago. whenever I would see her I would say 'thank you for hiring me' and because I was so thankful she said somebody else had to do it. when I think of the name mirva diaz, this is what I think of. I didn't think it was possible that I could have touched somebody so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment