Thursday, January 7, 2016

hello, adele

when I was driving home from the comedy club tonight I heard the song 'hello' by adele. I had been hearing it fairly often since it was released. one classmate said on facebook how it was a 'crazy person rant'. well I guess many people are liking it. and I am onje of them. I found the video on youtube and it already is nearing a BILLION views. I like how the video does tell the story further. part of it, the beginning part, shows adele coming to a house in the middle of nowhere to make a call on a cellphone and then she takes the covers off of furniture. but probably the lasting impression from the video is seeing the man outside while it is pouring rain. for those who read the blog often, you know know I like seeing passion in things, including and especially music. one can see this song does have passion in it, seeing how adele really has pipes. this is evident with hitting the high notes like when she gets to 'hello from the other side'. this song does remind me of 'someone like you', as the two have similar themes, about a failed relationship. hard to say what line in the lyrics I respond to best. it likely is 'sorry for breaking your heart' as it is followed by 'it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore'. it does remind me of being at class reunions. at one of them, the 10-year, a classmate apologized for being a jerk to me in high school. it didn't seem to bother me much, but it must have bothered him if he said something. I think I had written about 'someone like you' when it was a hit, about four years ago. I liked hearing some what inspired it in a youtube video, about being 'on my knees really'. it sounds like the album that 'hello' is from is selling well, breaking records already. and it was a big deal when her concert tickets went on sale, as they went to 'scalper prices' fairly quickly. I don't have any adele CDs yeat, but I will probably pick one up eventually. it means I should try to see what is at used shops like cheapo, that is where I get many CDs now.
   I watched two 'big bang theory' episodes tonight. syndicated rerun was when amy was ill and Sheldon took care of her, and the episode ends with her getting spanked for lying to him. howard wants to impress Bernadette's dad, and it means penny helps him with understanding fishing. prime time episode was when Sheldon and raj discover an asteroid. Bernadette and howard clean the house after stuart leaves. leonard and penny see the same therapist, but separate appointments. I didn't waste any time when the episode ended, not even staying for the closing credits, so I could get on the road to the comedy club. it was a micro-brew, I had been there once before, to attend a CD recording. I liked performing there, as it was a bigger crowd compared to most places I perform. it was also nice to visit with the event coordinator, happy meal, after the show. I said I will likely want to get there more often, now that I know better what it is like. and it meant a lot when he said he liked my joke telling, as well as my honesty when I am writing either on facebook postings or the blog. I will gladly file it next to some others who are in my corner. it includes people like the Wisconsin girl, who said 'I spoke from the heart' at a memorial. or also small world, who said I am the 'real deal'. I did hear more about possible stage time at some other venues. some are places I haven't been to yet. but I know it is just as important to get to some venues that I haven't been to in a while. in due time, I can get around to it. some of it means studying the schedule to see how it will all fit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment