Thursday, January 28, 2016

poetry writing

in the middle of my workday I got inspired to write poetry. I knew full well I had to act upon it in order to get on with my day. this is why I like the anna nalick song 'breathe' as it refers to writing. 'if I get it all down on paper it is no longer inside of me, threatening the life it belongs to'. I was over-stimulated, thinking about various topics. like the music I listen to, as I can relate to it well, the struggles in life. or thinking about how sad it was to hear about some famous people who had attempted suicide, or those who were related to famous people. I try not to forget about how important writing is to me, just as much as telling jokes is. I know I once did way more poetry writing, albeit free verse. and I got used to how sometimes I could say things better in the written word than the spoken. it led to nearly every time I saw my 'ohio friend' that I had a writing ready for her. something that was appropriate for the situation, like when I was visiting Chicago-land. I know I also said this to my former boss and mentor, how I was better with the written word than spoken. she may be the most surprised about me now performing! but then again, how often is this recommended as a solution? some are scared half to death of public speaking.
   on facebook, there was some sharing of the article about trailer park girl's decision to quit a comedy festival in san luis Obispo, CA. something about not wanting to deal with a male comic that was known for sexual harassment. I said I am with her, as I know most people don't quit over something petty. it happens when something is really wrong. I speak from experience on this one, when I decided not to go on a church work camp as I was being bullied. I was used to being the brave one, and speaking up, as I had no choice.
   I watched multiple episodes of 'big bang theory' tonight. syndicated rerun was when leonard made it back early from his north sea trip, while howard and raj felt each other up. first prime time episode was about leonard moving out as he had married penny. second prime time episode was about barry offering a fencing class.
  I did get caught up on some paperwork, including getting checks written for some of my memberships. I like how I don't write many checks now. so it means dropping them in the mail at midday. but I still need some sheet protectors for more of my comedy souvenirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment