Wednesday, January 6, 2016

money for nothing, dire straits

I thought about the song 'money for nothing' by dire straits as I needed to replace my microwave oven, and of course they speak of this appliance in the song. about needing to install them. so after I fell asleep in the evening after getting home I went off to target to find one. they had some but was out of stock on the smallest one, 0.7 cubic feet. I wasn't sure what to do at first but I knew I really needed one, so I went across the road to the Walmart. they had one made by rival, and I got a product protection plan as well since it was just 3 dollars for 2 years. I got it registered right away. I liked how the microwave oven I had lasted for a while, nearly 10 years as I got it in may 2006. I asked myself  'haven't you done without one long enough?' the same question asked in an ad campaign for toro lawn and garden equipment. I think the slogan was mainly for the snow blowers. the one I had was made by general electric, and bought at a best buy. I knew well enough to haul away the other one fairly quickly. so after I went to the comedy club to perform tonight I did just that. I found a grocery store cart along the way and got a picture of it in the cart, after getting one of it on the counter top as I wasn't sure if I had one already. so then I hauled it in the cart the rest of the way to the dumpster. the one I had was rattling too much and I didn't seem to be performing like before, especially when it came to the oatmeal I like having in the morning when I go to work. so I did fire up the new one shortly after getting home with it, and had two burritos. when most of my cooking is with this appliance I knew I couldn't wait too long to replace it. after two days of knowing I probably needed to, I was off to the store. I wanted to wait until the weekend but it would get expensive to eat out during that time, even if it was mainly at super-America.
  I am still going through my facebook friends list to find a way to shrink the total. I now have it down to 300. it was hard to find seven more to de-friend to get it down to this round number. that still seems like a lot, but I know some have even more than I do. for wii dancing we did do a walk in the skyway, this time I was one of three.

No comments:

Post a Comment