Tuesday, January 5, 2016

renegades, x ambassadors

tonight after the comedy show I performed at I liked hearing some music. it was my first appearance at this venue. this included 'renegades' by the x ambassadors. I had been hearing this song fairly often. I finally looked it up on youtube, and the video depicts disabled people lifting weights, participating in athletics like wrestling, and hiking. I do like some of the lyrics in it, they can be considered empowering. this would include 'go forth and have no fear', as well as 'our time to make a move'. I also like the reference to movie directors, as one line is 'spielbergs and kubricks'. it is nice to use this term, renegade, for a change instead of just hearing 'maverick' all the time. I also noticed about this song all the time how one hears a crack of a whip, or just numerous people doing a clap in unison.
   I was running late this morning so I took a later bus, but I was still on time for work. it just meant that I didn't have the time to walk the skyway like I prefer having. I was on my own doing the payoff report as my 'tag team partner' was out of the office, scheduled day off. it made the day easier for me as I stayed occupied for longer, as Tuesday is usually a big drop in volume compared to Monday. another notable thing was done after I got back from the comedy club. I went onto facebook and cut back some further on my friends list. I am down to 307, a net reduction of 18. I did add somebody today, so I could tag them in a photo I had already posted. she was playing music at one show I attended, and may already have a nickname like pontoon. it wasn't easy to downsize the friends list some more, but I had to ask myself who some of these people were. I either didn't recognize their names, or hadn't heard from them in a while. in some cases it may have been some people that I had never met! I probably could cut it down some more. most of the time I de-friended people where there were no common postings, or maybe one- like a birthday greeting- from a while back. it's just not enough in my book.
     a comment was left asking me to share a joke or one-liner. usually with jokes, be it mine or those done by others, I usually just say the subject and that is all. sometimes I am also behind on adding my full comedy notes as well, at times farther behind than I really want to be.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog today, found that you have been discussing songs I've only recently discovered, and then I read some of your other pages too. Can you share one joke or story or one liner from your comedy performance?

    ReplyDelete