Tuesday, February 23, 2016

check me out socks

tonight I went to target as I needed to replace my winter shoes as more than one pair of socks had holes in them. I got three pairs of socks besides the winter shoes. all would be considered anything but dull. one of them said 'check me out', with a checkerboard or plaid pattern. this can have multiple meanings, in my case as a comic I think of performing of course. another had a western theme, probably a lawman as I saw a tin star on it. I of course thought of emerson hough, my inspiration as a writer, when I got these. the third had an airplane pattern on it, and I thought of a favorite movie, 'up in the air'. I had to ask where the winter shoes were, as they seemed to be hard to find. I was told many of them had already been sold and this seemed odd as winter isn't over yet. I know full well it helps to have the winter shoes when I take the bus to work since I often have to trudge through the mud and snow to get there. at least I found something that works for me, though there weren't many options available. I didn't want to go to another store that bad, even though there are other target locations in the area. the shoes may have been the main reason for being there, but I liked finding another Charlie brown DVD as well. it has 'what a nightmare' on it. the other 2 specials I already had on other discs, and thankfully this disc was just five dollars. I was still a little hungry so it also meant getting a half-can of pringles chips. I spoke of my odyssey, if that is the proper word, in a facebook posting. I said I am surprised at times how comedy material just falls in my lap. somehow the cranly and dour thing works for me. when I was coming back I stopped to get a picture of a holiday display that had Charlie brown and snoopy in it. the display said 'i'rish' so this is likely a reference to st. Patrick's day, which is next month.
  I also exchanged some messages on facebook related to the podcast I am doing this week. it led to a discussion of museums and historic sites I have seen. really looking forward to the podcast.
  at the office I decided not to go to a meeting about a recent survey as I wanted to stay ahead of my normal duties. fairly often lately I said 'not going' as the conference room was full, but this time there were some seats available. I am already signed up for a round-table this week, it sounds like it is related to this meeting anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment