Saturday, February 13, 2016

joe senser's, roseville

I made a visit to the joe senser's in Roseville, first time in 12 years. I ate there when I was looking at housing and planning on moving to the area. I stayed at the motel 6, which was adjacent. I recalled four Vikings jerseys on the wall, from their super bowl teams, including ahmad Rashad. I didn't see them this time. I had a mardi gras catfish sandwich, kind of messy as it included a fried egg. odd that the server said the cloth napkins weren't used much. so it begs the question as to why they were there. I said this in reference to being given paper napkins before even requesting them.
   after I was done I went on to schulz arena and saw a hockey game, an annual visit as I like seeing the snoopy statue there since the arena is named for snoopy's creator. Bloomington Jefferson beat cretin derham hall 5-0. it was scoreless after the first period, then Jefferson got 3 goals in the second. the first was about 6 minutes in, then about 2 1/2 minutes later, then about 6 minutes after that. in the third the goals were scored about 3 minutes in, then 11 minutes later, so at opposite ends of the period since they are 17 minutes long. I did do the puck toss, and was pleased that at least I got it inside the circle. I would like to think I learned something from doing this before.
   I liked finding and reading a historical marker nearby at highland park high school in st. paul, about a school building called mattock. big dog's wife teaches there and said it is a classroom for Spanish, when I tagged her on facebook.
   in the evening I went to a comedy show, a 'pun battle', where chameleon was performing music. I liked seeing a good-sized crowd there but expected to know more of the people there than I did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment