Friday, February 19, 2016

glockenspiel, st. paul

I wanted to go to the Lenten fish fry at the glockenspiel in st. paul but when I was walking up to it I said 'this doesn't bode well'. the windows were covered up, appeared to be no lights on. as expected, door was locked, so it must have closed but not sure when. I decided to get fish and chips at the nearby Chicago hot dog place. one employee there said 'the glock' had been closed for 2-3 months. all I know was I didn't go there too often. it is tougher than I thought it would be to find some Lenten fish fries when it doesn't appear to be the first that is 'unavailable'. all I found about the American legion was some mention of renovation.
   tonight I went to a burlesque show. somebody had recognized me from performing and we clinked glasses. I like hearing from those who like seeing me perform, much like those who read anything on this blog. it was hit and miss on the musical numbers, but I did like some of them. this included 'suicide blonde' by INXS, the dancer is the Melissa joan hart look-alike. another was 'hey good looking' by hank Williams. also notable was near the end, one of the producers did 2 cher songs, in the costume from 'turn back time'. this was one of two songs, the other was 'got you babe'.
  I had somebody leave a comment on an earlier entry about a song I had written about, asking me to share a joke or one liner. well I normally don't do this, same is true with other comics I write about. I typically just say what the subject of the joke is.
   this morning I liked hearing more stories about living in Chicago from the science museum employee. this included how her brother was in the 'jesse white tumblers' and how one of the mayors, Richard j. daley (the older one, mayor from 1955-1976) arrived at the projects. trying to recall what he made available, possibly a trampoline. I know she said she grew up in the projects with Kirby puckett and mr. t., I understand this would be the now-demolished Robert taylor homes.
   still finalizing plans for the podcast appearance next week, with things like music played during breaks and what subjects I will be discussing, my 'top 3 list'. it looks like there is another notable gig being offered to me, but we still need to work out the details further.


No comments:

Post a Comment