Thursday, February 25, 2016

three guys talking podcast

tonight I went to coon rapids and did a podcast. it is called 3 guys talking. I took a half day off from my office job so I had more time to get there on time. it was enjoyable to be there. there was pizza from pizza ranch so I had some. no problem finding my way there as I paid attention to the mapquest directions I had written down. the others had top 3 history movies like I did. I went with Abraham Lincoln (1930), gunfight at the ok corral (1957) and the great northfield Minnesota raid (1972). I spoke of how I had been to all of these places. one of them (tombstone, AZ) was part of my first-ever plane ride, back in 1989, to Tucson. dad wanted to visit his aunt who had retired there. I also chose the three songs that served as breaks during the podcast. this was 'basket case' by green day, 'muzzle' by smashing pumpkins, and 'this love' by maroon 5. the first two I had sang at karaoke as I knew I could sing them with passion, and I have seen those bands in concert multiple times. the third served as a reminder of my life being in transition, having just been laid off from my job in suburban Chicago in early 2004. heard it on my car radio when I was driving home. but I learned how my life was anything but over, it was only beginning. I saw this band in concert a year later, after having moved to Minnesota. I was asked things like what actors would play me, and my weirdest story from being at a bar. on my way home I got a picture of the city center in this town as it was near where I had done the podcast.
   I had hoped it would be a ho-hum day at the office, but it wasn't. I still got out at midday though as scheduled. I needed help with submitting the payoff report as I was locked out of the system where I can order contracts, not enough time to do a password reset. so somebody else had to order and print them. I know well enough to ask for help when necessary.
   after I got home eventually I watched a Charlie Brown DVD I had just bought this week at Target, it included 'what a nightmare'. I am slowly acquiring these specials, paying attention when I see them in stores. now I have 24 of the 45 specials that I am aware of. I try not to have too much overlap, but there is some when many of these discs has more than one show on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment